When the rights and obligations of each party are made clear, agreements between employers and employees and policies for the workplace can prevent many problems. The Cirrus Law PC provides thoughtful drafting of these documents on the front end, and effective advocacy when there are disputes after the fact.
We represent businesses and workers in all aspects of California employment law. Based in Pleasanton, our firm serves the East Bay and Northern California. Contact us today for consulting or representation.Employment Law Counsel for Employers>
- Employment policies — Creation and implementation of handbooks, sexual harassment guidelines and hiring practices
- Employee agreements — Drafting or review of non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements and other restrictive covenants
- Executive compensation and severance
- Layoffs or terminating a worker
- Regulatory compliance
We have defended businesses against employee claims of harassment, discrimination, wrongful discharge or Department of Labor violations. We have litigated non-competes and other employee agreements. And our firm was recently hired to represent the employer in a wage and hour class action lawsuit. Our trial lawyers explore resolution through arbitration or mediation, or go to court to disprove the claims.Employee Representation
We also counsel individual workers or groups of employees who believe they have been wronged by an employer:
- Discrimination (race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or disability)
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour claims (unpaid overtime, denied meal and rest breaks)
- Breach of employment contract
We can negotiate with the employer directly for a monetary settlement, reinstatement or other remedy. We also represent employees at Labor Commission hearings to obtain a right to sue for damages in state court. We have experience with Section 900 claims against government entities on behalf of public works employees.
Cirrus Law PC represents employers and employees in Alameda County, Contra Costa County and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Arrange a consultation today for knowledgeable advice or aggressive representation.