Business & Commercial Law
The Cirrus Law PC in Pleasanton is first and foremost a business law firm. We provide practical advice for starting, operating and growing a commercial enterprise in California, and effective representation to protect our clients' interests in dispute resolution and litigation.
Our Pleasanton commercial law attorneys have practiced business law since 1976. We have frequently lectured to colleagues and business owners on business and commercial law matters. Our clients include small to mid-sized businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area, Alameda County, Contra Costa County and across Northern California.Comprehensive Counsel for Business
- Business formation and incorporation: The choice of business entity (LLC, S Corp, LLP) will be influenced by many factors, most importantly tax efficiency. Our lawyers work closely with each client to establish an entity that most closely meets their business goals.
- Purchase, sale or transfer of a business: Negotiation and review of contracts, purchase terms, and buy-sell agreements, and assistance with financing.
- Business formalities and maintenance: Ongoing counsel regarding stock issuance, corporate minutes, regulatory compliance, annual filings, tax planning and other aspects of business operation.
- Business transactions: Contracts, commercial agreements, licensing and distribution agreements, franchise agreements, and equipment purchase or lease.
- Intellectual property: Establishing, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights with registration, contracts, confidentiality agreements and litigation.
- International trade: Shipping terms, export control, letters of credit and other issues of doing business abroad.
- Commercial real estate: Purchase or sale of commercial property or undeveloped land, commercial leases, and construction and development matters.
- Exit Strategies: Planning for dissolution, succession or transfer of ownership stake.
- Business litigation: Plaintiff or defense representation for breach of contract, fraud, interference, intellectual property infringement, franchise disputes and partnership/shareholder disputes.
- Financial trouble: Helping clients through workouts, negotiations with creditors or the IRS, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, and other strategies.
- Creditors' rights in bankruptcy: Preference actions or relief from stay injunction when a supplier, customer or business partner has sought bankruptcy protection.
- Collections: Efficient recovery of funds or assets without throwing good money after bad.
- Employment issues: Creation of employment policies, handbooks and employee agreements, or defending wage and hour, intellectual property and discrimination lawsuits brought by employees.
We work as partners with our business clients, emphasizing easy access and close communication, responsive to your business needs. Contact an Alameda County business law attorney to discuss your legal matter.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.